Relationships

Travel

Travel

Hobbies

Hobbies

Food

Blooming Wives

21 June 2011

Bookmark and Share
Blooming Wives 


We agree that marriage is a union between a man and a woman and is created by God. We agree that there are defined roles and responsibilities as husbands and wives.

We disagree on how the worldly culture has lead to the rising of the feminism movement that strives for equal rights between man and woman yet completely lose the sight of what it means to be a wife, purposed by God! 

Neither are we agreeing the recent movement started by one of our local women organization movement - the "Obedient Wives Club". True submission is NOT a submission out of fear of your husband leaving you, or not loving you enough. Submission is out of our reverence for Christ Jesus in our lives. It's not driven by fear but by our love for Christ. 

In fact, this is the very reason, why we decided to start on this blog - on how our life as a wife has been changed through the conviction of the Spirit. 


Author : KG



I married my best friend & soul mate, Bob on 16 October 2010. I love every moment being a housewife to him.

I admit it didn't start off quite right in the beginning. I got married - having expectations to be served and loved the way I serve and love. Wait, no, I expected it to be better than the way i serve and love. Little did i realize that this is not pleasing to God. 

However, it had all changed now.

It started when a very good friend of mine who so happens to be my co-owner of this blog today, SY, brought me this book called "Created To Be His Help Meet". 

Genesis 2:18,21-22 : " And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam.. and he took one of his ribs..And the rib, which the Lord God has taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man" 

Don't get me wrong. We need to emphasize that this book is NOT a complete guide to being a wife that is pleasing to God. The bible is THE complete guide. As we read the book and note down the pointers, it has to be all in reference to our ultimate & complete guideline of life - the bible. This book changed my life. 

I was convicted by the Spirit of all the wrongs that I have committed in my dealings as a wife in this new marriage. I thank God for SY. I understand before she gave us this book, she prayed that God will reveal His purpose and will for us as a wife that pleases Him. God indeed answered her prayer = ) 

In short, God taught me what it means to be a wife that He has purposed for me.


He has taught me on what it means to be submissive to my husband and mind you, this is not a weak or burdensome submission.. it is a joyful submission to him due to a joyful obedience to Christ. I'm not saying I'm there yet, in fact, I pray that God will continue to break me in order to mould me, shape me and fashion me the way He seems fit, especially in this role that He has blessed me with. 

Both SY and I hope to be able to share our own personal experiences on what it really means to be a "help meet" to our husbands as God has intended it to be and how it can be a life changing experience. For you too ! : ) 

Co-Author : SY

 I married Darren in August 28th, 2010 and I love being his wife.
Prior to marriage, I have had many  married women share their experiences with me as a preparation for the journey ahead. They talked about the culture, this new generation, authority levels and even a fallback plan (i.e. a prenuptial agreement)!
As a Christian, I sought for God's wisdom in this matter. I believe there must be a well-defined order and responsibility of a husband and a wife that He has ordained from the beginning. So for instance, Darren and I went through a sermon by Paul Washer entitled "The Glory of God in Marriage" and we had had pre-marital counselling with our pastor.
On top of that, God revealed something to me personally and it blew my mind completely. I will share more of this in another article. :)
The book "Created To Be His Help Meet" mentioned by KG above is given to me as a wedding present. The author is an elderly woman who had wanted to share her experience as a wife to younger wives, in accordance to God's Word (Titus 2:3-5 - Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored).
Her viewpoint is critical yet phenomenal. And it was in line with what God has revealed to me.
 I began to see my role as a "helper" to my husband. My purpose in this marriage is to support him in all his doings and his needs as long as my husband's decisions are pleasing in God's sight. He is my first ministry and together, we will raise up children in the way that they should go in the laws of God. The way I treat my husband will trickle down to my children and as such, it is important to have a solid foundation and understanding of my role. I see this as a high calling of being a wife and later on, as a mother.
I know I'm new as a wife. .There is still much to learn, whether directly from God or from my friends who are wives, such as KG. KG and I shared on our discoveries and we shared to other friends. We realised that some wives have different views from us while some don't even have a clue on their role as a wife!
With this, KG and I thought of using this platform to share and if God willing, to encourage our readers in our experiences and discoveries for the mutual benefit of womanhood. We hope for all wives, no matter what the circumstances you may be in, to find joy in the high calling of your role as a wife.


2 comments:

The Sudden Cook said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for placing my blog under your blog roll. It's indeed such an honour. Your site is indeed very nice. Looking forward to more posts to come!

July 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM
bloomingwives - KG said...

Hi !! Love your site, love your recipe ! I've tried few of your recipes, love it too! Thank you so much !

July 21, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·Blooming Wives by TNB